Manually configuring eduroam
This is the most complex method of configuring eduroam on Windows, there are easier methods available at Windows: Connect to eduroam
The procedure below is a step-by-step guide for manually configuring eduroam on Windows 7/8.
- Right-click the Network taskbar icon and select "Open Network and Sharing Center".
- On this page, select "Set up a new connection or network". A new window will open.
- Choose the option "Manually connect to a wireless network" and click Next.
- Fill out the form that appears as shown below and click Next.
- The resulting window should indicate that you've successfully added eduroam and present you with a Change connection settings option; click on that.
- In the new windows that appears, go the Security tab and click the Settings button
- On the Protected EAP Properties page, click the Configure button
- Remove the check from the box next to Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any), then click OK until you are back at the eduroam Wireless Network Properties window
- In the eduroam Wireless Network Properties window, go to the security tab and click "Advanced settings"
- Check the box next to Specify authentication mode and select User authentication. Click Save credentials and then select OK for all windows that were opened in this process.
- When prompted by the Windows Security, enter your Brandeis username followed by "@brandeis.edu" (email@example.com) and your password
- For the Windows Security Alert dialog box that appears, select Connect
- You should now be successfully connecting to Eduroam.