The most common error is failing to include "@brandeis.edu" when typing your username to connect to the eduroam
Using the Configuration Assistant Tool to connect your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Download the configuration tool for iOS
- Once downloaded, the Install Profile process will automatically begin, tap Install
- When prompted, enter your Phone Passcode and tap Done
- You will receive a warning about installing a certificate on your device, tap Install and then Install again
- You will be prompted to Enter Username, supply your Brandeis user name followed by "@brandeis.edu" (email@example.com) then tap Next
- You will be prompted to Enter Password, enter your Brandeis password and tap Next
- You will again be asked to Enter Username and Enter Password (but for a different network), these fields should be left blank, click Next to move on
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the screen below and be connected to the eduroam network, tap Done
Manually Connecting your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Open Settings → Wi-Fi
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks
Enter your full firstname.lastname@example.org email and password, then select Join.
iOS will prompt you to accept a certificate. You must tap Accept or Trust (depending on the version of your phone) to continue. You should now be connected to eduroam!
Forget other Brandeis Networks
You'll also want to forget other Brandeis networks so that you don't connect to them accidentally.
- Tap Settings, then Wi-Fi.
- Once connected to brandeis_open, brandeis_guest, or brandeis_secure, tap the little blue info circle.
- Tap to Forget this Network.