This feature in LATTE allows all Brandeis students to browse uploaded syllabi associated with participating Brandeis courses. The instructor of the course decides whether to make his or her syllabus available to the Brandeis community.
Instructors also have the additional option of making a course syllabus public via the Brandeis Registrar's Schedule of Classes interface.
If you want to share your syllabus only with the students registered in the class, follow these instructions to upload and share a file with the class.
Sharing Your Syllabus with the Brandeis Community
- Select the course you are teaching from the LATTE Dashboard.
- Click the "Upload Course Syllabus" link in the LATTE Course Tools block.
- Click the "Choose File" button on the left-hand side. Browse for your file on your computer, and click the "Open" to select the appropriate file.
- Click the "Upload" button to upload the syllabus for browsing.
Sharing Your Syllabus Publicly Through the Registrar's Schedule of Classes
- If you have yet to do so, first follow the instructions for sharing your syllabus with the Brandeis community (above).
- The "Make Course Syllabus Public" link will appear in your course. Click on the "Make Course Syllabus Public" link. The course syllabus will then be available for download via the Brandeis Registrar's Schedule of Classes interface.
After you make a syllabus public, the "Make Course Syllabus Private" link will appear.
If, at any time, you want to remove the public link on the Registrar's Schedule of Classes, you can click on the "Make Course Syllabus Private" link.
Metacourse (or classes that end with -All)
If you want to display your course syllabus to the Registrar's Schedule of Classes, please upload the course to the LATTE pages of the individual sections of your class instead of the metacourse. As students must sign up for individual sections, they appear on the Registrar's Schedule with the option to view the syllabus. A metacourse is a specially created course that does not appear under the Registrar, therefore only students who have already signed up for the course can see the syllabus.
Updating Your Syllabus
You can update your uploaded syllabus by taking the following steps:
- If the old syllabus is public. make the old syllabus private with the 'Make Course Syllabus Private' link.
- Upload the new syllabus with the 'Upload Course Syllabus' link.
- If you wish to make the new syllabus public, click the 'Make Course Syllabus Public' link.
Browse Other Brandeis Syllabi
If you want to see all currently uploaded syllabi, click on the "Browse Course Syllabi" link in the LATTE Resources block on your LATTE Dashboard page.
Delete/Remove Uploaded Syllabi
If you want to remove a course syllabus that you've previously uploaded, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.