How to Create a Quiz
You may create a quiz and add questions to it later.
- Click the "Turn editing on" button found on the upper right-hand side of your course homepage or the link in Course Utilities under the Administration block.
- Click the "Add an activity or resource" link in the week/topic area of your course outline where you want to add the forum.
- From the menu that appears select Quiz.
- You will be directed to a page where you can edit your quiz. Give it a title and description if necessary.
- Next you can set up time limits for the quiz and specify how many times participants may take it.
- When you are finished creating/editing your quiz, click the "Save and return to course" button.
How to Add Questions to a Quiz
- Display the quiz by clicking on it in the course homepage.
- The first time you display your quiz (before you have added any questions), you will see the following page:
Click on the "Edit quiz" button, and you should see this:
- Click on the Add link. Then choose from the drop-down menu.
- Selecting "a new question" will show you the following menu of question types.
- Choose which type of question you would like to create.
- Enter a name for the question (this will help you identify the question when looking at a list of your questions) and the question text.
- Supply answers (and sub questions as the question type requires).
- Click Save changes to return to the Editing Quiz
- Repeat steps 4-8 to continue adding questions to your Quiz.
- Once you have added all of your questions to the quiz, you can preview it by clicking the Preview link in the Administration block on the left.
- When you are satisfied with the quiz, return to the course page.
How to View Quiz Responses
- Click on the quiz that you would like to view on the course page.
- Under Administration, click on the Results link.
- You will then see a drop-down menu under Administration and be redirect to a page that looks like the following:
- Choose from the settings and click on the "Show report" button.
- You will see a summary of the responses that students had for the quiz as well as the average grades and some other useful information.