Using the Configuration Assistant Tool to connect OS X
- Click the download link for your version of OS X
- Once downloaded, locate the file and double click on it
- When prompted to install "eduroam", click the Continue button
- When prompted to install profile "eduroam", click the Continue button
- When prompted to Enter settings for the enterprise network "eduroam", supply your Brandeis user name followed by "@brandeis.edu" (email@example.com) and your password, click the Next button
- When prompted to Enter settings for the enterprise network "Hotspot 2.0 Settings", leave all fields empty and click the Install button
- The configuration tool will need your OS X user name and password to configure your profile, enter this information and click the OK button
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the screen below and be connected to the eduroam network
Manually connecting OS X
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks.
- Mac OS will ask for your credentials. Please enter your full firstname.lastname@example.org email address and password. Once your wireless card authenticates, you should be connected!
Forget other Brandeis Networks
You'll also want to forget other Brandeis networks so that you don't connect to them accidentally.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Network.
- Click Advanced.
- Select brandeis_open, brandeis_guest, and brandeis_secure in your list of Preferred Networks. (You might not have all three in your list of Preferred Networks.)
- Click the minus sign to forget that network.
- Click OK and Apply.