The LATTE support team has identified these significant issues with the LATTE system in conjunction with our user community. LATTE support will periodically update this list as new issues are identified and older issues resolved. Where possible, workarounds are available.
Clicking on a file gives a 'localhost' error
After importing course files (especially PDFs), LATTE sometimes generates an error involving not being able to find "localhost" files. The means the files cannot be viewed by instructors or students.
In order to fix the files, please follow these steps:
1. Access your LATTE course and turn editing on
2. Find the broken file and "edit" the item
3. Scroll to the bottom of the file settings page and click 'Save and return to course'
Cannot find a guest student or TA on the list to add to your course
If you cannot find a student to add as a guest student or TA, check to see if the student has enrolled in the course before and dropped it. Dropped students are listed as "suspended" in the course, rather than deleted, in case they re-enroll so any assignments are not lost. You can tell a student is suspended because the "enrollment info" is greyed out.
If that happens, delete the student from the course entirely by clicking the "x". You should then be able to re-add the individual as usual with the correct role.
"Number of sections" option with the Topic Format is no longer available
The "number of sections" option was removed with the latest upgrade when using the topics format. However, other formats, such as the grid format, still include that option.
1. Log into your course page
2. Locate the administration block
3. Select the "edit settings" page
4. Scroll down to course format
5. Change the format to grid
6. Change the number of sections
7. Click "save and display"
8. Return to the "edit settings" page
9. Change the format to topics
10. Click "save and return to course"
Alternately, you can add topic sections without switching the format of your course. To do this:
- Enable editing by clicking the "Turn Editing On" button near the top right of the course homepage.
- At the bottom of your last topic section, click on "Add Topics"
- In the pop-up window, select the number of topic sections you'd like to add to your course.
- Click on "Add Topics"
Accessibility ATBar function: Fix the Web link doesn't work after clicking on icon
Currently, the ITS team is unable to change the link to Fix the Web as a fix needed at the ATBar developer level, outside of Latte/Moodle. Additionally, the Fix the Web site is under construction through the Knowbility organization. While the site mentions that updates should have been made by June 2018, Fix the Web still does not work as of August 2018. Should students experience accessibility issues that they wish to report, they should reach out to Student Accessibility Support, within the Office of Academic Services by calling 1-781-736-3470 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the LATTE team at email@example.com for additional help.