To log in, visit http://ensemble.brandeis.edu. Click on the “Brandeis Shibboleth” link to login via the main Brandeis login page. You will then be taken to your default library. If a library was not created for you by a system admin, you will be automatically provisioned a personal library, which can be linked to other libraries by a system admin.
- Click on the “add” button on the main page.
- Fill in the metadata for your asset. Only the title is required. Everything else optional. When finished, click continue.
- To upload content, choose if you need your content to be transcoded or not. Content must be in Mp4/h.264 format if you want to avoid transcoding. The default is set as “compress and stream” which will allow most video formats to be uploaded and transcoded to a format friendly for online streaming. Changing the setting to “upload and stream (no transcode)” should only be used if you are confident that the media is already in the correct format and that the bit rate is appropriate for streaming. Click on “Add file” to choose the file you would like to upload. Then click “Start upload”. Wait until the file has completed uploading before clicking “Save and Continue”. You will know when the video has completed uploading when the status bar disappears and you can see the size of the file. You can now hit “Save and Continue”.
If you have a playlist created, you can choose if you want to publish the asset to it by checking the box, or you can simply press “Save and Publish”.
- Once a video has been uploaded and published, an embed code or link can be obtained by clicking on the associated buttons below the video in your media library
- To obtain a link that allows a video to be downloaded, you must click on the "Permalink" button and then click on "Advanced' in order to activate the download option.
- To share a link, click on the "Permalink" button below the video..
- A menu will then appear with customization options. Click the "Advanced" button to view additional options such as enabling the video to be downloaded.
- To obtain an embed code to post on a web page, click the "Embed" button below the video.
- The default code is responsive so it will automatically size itself appropriately on the web page. If you prefer to have a specifically sized embed, you can do so by changing the "Mode" to "iFrame" and then the "Size" menu will become active.