The "Assignment" activity in LATTE allows students an easy way to upload and submit a file or files for grading. Instructors can also create offline assignments to remind students of assignments outside of LATTE. When an instructor creates any type of assignment, a column to grade the assignment is created in the Gradebook.
How to Create an Assignment
- From the course homepage, click on the "Turn Editing On" button on the upper right-hand side or in the Administration block.
- Click the "Add an activity or resource" link in the section of the course outline you want to add the assignment.
- From the menu that appears, select "Assignment" and click the "Add" button at the bottom.
- Then, the Assignment settings page will open. Type a name for the item (and a description or summary if desired).
The four submission types available are "Online Text", "File submission", both, and neither.
- Online text - Students write directly within LATTE, or can copy and paste from a document.
- File submissions - Allows students to upload more than one file per assignment. Instructors can also use this to submit written feedback to the student by uploading a file themselves.
- Selecting neither of the options allows students to submit work outside of LATTE, while a column for grading that activity is created in the course's gradebook.
- Give the assignment a due date and change any other settings to your preferences. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save and return to course".
For more information on creating assignments on LATTE, please see here.