Instructors must manually add these users to their LATTE courses:
Teaching or graduate assistants
Guest instructors / lecturers
Guest students (not enrolled with the Registrar for credit)
Guest participants (other guests who can observe but cannot interact in LATTE)
Log into LATTE and select the course you wish to add the assistant or guest user from the list of courses you are teaching.
Click here for more information on metacourses.
|Click on the "Enroll Users" link within the LATTE Course Tools block on the left hand side of the page.|
|Here you have a list of everyone enrolled in the course and their assigned roles. Click "Enroll Users" to assign different roles and add people to the course.|
Search for the person you want to assign a role to in the search bar at the top of the box - by typing in their name. The search matches will appear in the menu directly below for you to click on to add them. When they are added, their name and email address will appear above the search box in dark blue.
Continue adding any other names of people to enroll in your class - making sure that everyone you add will have the same role in the course.
Next, assign a role to the users that you've added by selecting the role from the dropdown menu at the bottom (Grading TA, Guest Student, or Guest Participant). The role you select will be applied to all users you've added.
To complete these changes, click "Enroll selected users and cohorts" at the bottom of the window
|You'll now see that the user(s) you added will be enrolled with the role that you selected from the dropdown.|
LATTE requires that all users log in with a UNet ID provided by Brandeis University. Newly created UNet accounts will take up to 24 hours to become active in LATTE
Students receive instructions to create a UNet ID from the Office of the Registrar.
Faculty and staff receive UNet IDs from HR upon their employment.
Others must be given a UNet ID as a Sponsored Account by an administrator or faculty member.
Guest Student Access
Students from another college or university who are taking classes for credit at Brandeis University should follow these steps to get a UNet ID to access LATTE:
- Find your Sage ID. This is provided by the Office of the Registrar.
- Go to https://identity.brandeis.edu, and click "Create an official staff/faculty/student account." Follow the instructions to create a UNet Account.
- Within 24 hours, you will be added to the LATTE system. Log into LATTE to access your course(s).
Guest Instructor Access
Guest instructors who are not Brandeis faculty members but will be using LATTE should follow these steps to get a UNet ID to access LATTE:
- Confirm with the Brandeis faculty member who is the primary instructor of the course (or the appropriate departmental administrator) that they will sponsor your UNet account, and get the sponsor's Brandeis University email, as you will need to enter it shortly.
- Go to https://identity.brandeis.edu, and click "Request a sponsored account"
- Complete the Sponsored UNet Account Request form. The form will require you to enter the email of the faculty or staff member who agreed to sponsor your account.
- Inform the sponsoring faculty or staff member that you have made the request, and they should follow the instructions they receive in their Brandeis University email for approving your sponsored account.
- Once your UNet ID is created, the primary instructor must add you manually into the LATTE course, assigning you a role that most closely meets your instructional needs in LATTE. Learn more about assigning LATTE roles. If the instructor does not add you within his or her LATTE course, you can log into LATTE, but no course will appear.
*Guest users who have been invited into a LATTE course as a guest participant should follow the same steps as a Guest Instructor to get a Sponsored UNet ID (see above). The instructor of the LATTE course may assign you as a Guest Participant or other appropriate role for your participation in the course.