Instructors must manually add these users to their LATTE courses:
- Teaching or graduate assistants
- Guest instructors / lecturers
- Guest students (not enrolled with the Registrar for credit)
- Guest participants (other guests who can observe but cannot interact in LATTE)
Guest users in LATTE must have a UNet ID to log in. Refer to these instructions for guest users to get a UNet ID.
Instructions for Assigning Roles
- Log into LATTE and select the course you wish to add the assistant or guest user from the list of courses you are teaching.
Note: If you wish add an assistant or guest user to a metacourse (which has the "-ALL" designation on the course number), you must add them to the individual course sections rather than the metacourse. For more information about metacourses and sections, see our documentation on Sharing Content Across Course Sections.
- Click on the "Enroll Users" link within the LATTE Course Tools block on the left hand side of the page.
- Here you have a list of everyone enrolled in the course and their assigned roles. Click "Enroll Users" to assign different roles and add people to the course.
- Search for the person you want to assign a role to in the search bar at the bottom of the box. Assign them a role (Grading TA, Guest Student, or Guest Participant) from the drop-down menu at the top.
Then click the Enroll button next to the name of the person you want to add. To complete these changes, click Finish enrolling users.
Grading TA - Grading TA is a pre-defined assistant role in LATTE. Grading TAs have the most privileges within LATTE. Like an instructor, Grading TAs can create and modify the resources, activities, and files within a course. Grading TAs can grade student assignments and view the gradebook. A Grading TA can see all students' grades within the course.
Guest Student - Guest students are able to participate in LATTE courses just as regularly enrolled students, and can submit assignments, post to forums, and be graded.
Guest Participant - Guest participants have "view only" privileges within the LATTE course. They may access readings and materials, but cannot submit assignments, post to forums, or be an active participant in the course. Also, the instructor must change the course settings to "Allow guest participants" in order for the guest participant to enter the LATTE course.
- You will see the person is added. Make sure that they do not have multiple roles assigned as this can cause issues. You can remove roles by click the red "x" next to the role you want to remove.